Friday, February 28, 2014

Making muffins

I found a great new recipe for chocolate muffins... and one perfect for anyone trying to avoid flour!

Melt 1.5 cups dark chocolate, 1 cup butter and 1 cup sugar together over a water bath until melted. Take off heat and let cool. It is nice to bake these muffins yourself because I had the option to try it with organic ingredients.

Separate 8 eggs. Beat egg whites together. When stiff, mix in egg yolks. After the eggs are mixed and fluffy, fold in chocolate mixture. Bake for 40 minutes at 350 degrees F (or about 160 degrees C).

Makes about 12 very big muffins... but I got 18 decent sized ones out of it. It also makes one cake.

Perfect with fruit or whipped cream.

I got the recipe (in Danish) from here.

Melting chocolate, sugar and butter

Ta-da! OK... so they taste better than they look. What did you expect? A food blog? ;)

Moomins tin

Swedish candies from my inlaws... the boys are in heaven ;)

2 comments:

  1. Yoummi, they sounds really good :-) I'll think I will try the recipy out in the near future. :-) Thanks for cheering :-)
    I'm a such er for all kind of chocolate things. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Me too! The more chocolate the better ;)

    ReplyDelete