Friday, March 21, 2014

My treasures, pt. 3

I have to admit that I was the one that really wanted a third child. I knew that things would get really crazy with another one but, somehow, I felt that our family (at least to me) wasn't finished yet so..... here comes Oliver :)
 
I found out I was pregnant with Oliver just as Alexander was starting kindergarten and just before defending my PhD thesis ;) By the time we went for our ultrasound, we had decided that we actually wanted to find out (or try to find out) the sex. So many of our friends/family had just finished having their last child so we had a bunch of people with both boys and girls clothes, hanging on to their stuff and waiting to see what we were having before giving it all away. At the 12 week nuchal translucency scan, the tech was pretty sure that it was a boy. We didn't really believe it until 20 weeks where it was very obvious... boy #3.
 
Again, Oliver was born at exactly 40 weeks. My water broke as I was putting Nicka to bed (sounds familiar?) and was born at 7:35 in the morning. It took a while to get to 10cm dilated but when I was, the birth was so fast that Andreas almost missed it and the doctor actually did. We had a fabulous nurse and she gets all the credit. Oliver was a name that I always liked and it was a bit of an homage to the name Olivia, which we never got to use ;) He was born in the middle of May 2010, a month before my 40th birthday. What a present! He was 3.270 kg and 53cm.
  
 
Oliver's first picture
 
Cosy boy!
 
Lots of hair!
 
Pappa and boy #3
 
Our new little family of 5
 
Oliver going home

No comments:

Post a Comment