Monday, April 28, 2014

I heart the Irma Chicken

In Copenhagen, by the lakes- Dronning Louises bridge, to be precise, there is an old neon sign on the top of a building that advertises Irma eggs. Irma is a Danish grocery store chain and the chicken (along with the Irma girl) is one of the iconic "faces" of the brand. Actually, it is now considered much more than an advertisement but more of  a landmark in the Copenhagen suburb of Nørrebro (for more information see this link). Ever since I first arrived in Denmark, this chicken has been my favourite!  I used to dream about living just below the famous laid egg. Others, such as super cool Danish blogger Sandra at ClassicCopenhagen, also have this chicken in their hearts.
Recently, I found a great poster of this chicken on justspotted.dk!!! It is now at my house, framed and ready to be put in a place of honour on my office wall. A little bit of happiness for those long work days, where I need just a bit of inspiration.... Ahhhhh! Love!

For more images of the Irma Chicken, check out Sandra's blog. Her pictures are MUCH better than mine!

The print of the Irma Chicken... so cool :)

4 comments:

  1. Nice find! A little like the Guaranteed milk bottle of Montreal!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Nancy! It is exactly like the Guaranteed milk bottle... or the Farine Five Roses from the old port! I would love poster versions of them too! Old vintage signs are my weakness ;)

      Delete
  2. Ah, you got a Sivellink poster? She makes the coolest Copenhagen icons, do you follow her icon a day project? I do love the chicken so much. Further down the nasty Nemlig(dot)com people put up an ugly and very loud sign, disrupting the whole skyline. I hope they are forced to take it down, the skyline belongs to the Irma Chicken. <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I saw the icon a day and immediately fell in love with the chicken one... wonder why ;)
      I hope the Nemlig people are ashamed of themselves! Irma Chicken forever! xox

      Delete