Sunday, October 12, 2014

Happy Canadian Thanksgiving!

Today is the day that we celebrate Thanksgiving here in Canada! Not as much football as in the U.S.A. but probably just as much good food ;) We spent the afternoon at my sister's house, with my side of the family (Andreas' will be in town in November). The boys (my 3 and my sister's 2) are always happy to see each other and cause maximum damage.. more hurricanes ;) There were lots of deserts so, according to them, it was a good day!

Happy Thanksgiving to you all! xox

Artwork by Nicka... Thank you for all that you do for me.



6 comments:

  1. Happy Thanksgiving to all of you Celena.
    Sounds lige at rely family get to gather and just that, that the boys are getting along with each other are a relaxing time for all the perents :-D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mmmmm, good food. Can you write more about it ;-)
    And what means Thanksgiving in your country and to you?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We celebrate Thanksgiving in North America because a good harvest meant that we could probably survive another winter ;) It celebrates the end of the harvest and the food reflects what was just gathered.
      Now, we get together with people that we are thankful for and enjoy the day. Often, children will send thank you notes or reflect on what makes them thankful. Lately, I also see a lot of my friends making a list and putting it on Facebook ;)
      For me, personally, I am thankful for my husband, my children and the rest of my family. I am thankful for the chance to be born/live in a safe country like Canada. I am thankful for all the opportunities that we have been given. I am thankful for our health and our home. I am thankful for my friends, from all over the world :)

      Delete
  3. In Christian communities in the Netherlands, there is Thanksgivingday in church for the crops in the fall.
    Thanks for your explanation. This is a good topic for during the meal in our family.
    And I'm already grateful for friendships with strangers who are becoming a bit more familiar.
    Thank you Celena!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am so happy that you were interested in our holiday! You are so very welcome xox

      Delete