Sunday, December 28, 2014

Small kitchen improvements

We don't have the money to do a full kitchen renovation but it is fun to do some small, inexpensive improvements from time to time. A while back, we had our kitchen cabinets painted white (they used to be an 1980's wood stain before). Today, I re-arranged the table, bought a small "coffee bar" (which freed up a lot of counter space!) and ordered a cool retro garbage pail in red (find it here... cool gadgets!). It is way cosier and seems bigger... cheaper than buying a new house ;)

Can you tell that I am supposed to be correcting exams but am doing a better job at procrastinating? ;)

XOX to all!


The coffee bar (with wine as a backup) ;)

Our newly positioned kitchen table

The pail of my dreams... ;)

6 comments:

  1. That rely looks grate and I can imagine that it leaved a lot og space on the countertop, when you moved it all don on the coffee bar. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There seems to never be enough room but it is so much better!

      Delete
  2. I like all the red accents and the posters on your walls. It's nice to be home and have time to reorganise.
    Correcting can wait (a while)!
    I dream of a pail like that to, not sure what color.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have wanted a red one like that for years now but I found them expensive. Now, having wasted money on getting cans that I either don't like or that break, I decided to finally go for it.... Merry Christmas to me ;)

      Delete
    2. You are so right! A girls dream come true ;-))

      Delete
    3. It doesn't take much? Andreas will feel so flattered ;)

      Delete