Tuesday, August 11, 2015

New shoes

Sometimes, I do really dumb things... like taking all 3 boys to go back-to-school shoe shopping. Yups- what the heck was I thinking? ;) It started off fine enough... Nicklas, who is usually the slowest at making up his mind, easily found 2 pairs of shoes that he was happy with. Oliver's choices were even easier because I had taken him shoe shopping the week before (to make up for the trip to the dentist). Alexander, however, has definitely started being a pre-teen teenager :P First, he ONLY liked the most expensive darn shoes in the whole store (Umm... $330 for a pair of shoes- nopes). Then, his preferences were all the shoes that didn't come in his size (of course!). By the time he had finally found one pair that didn't cause him to pretend to throw up, Oliver was bouncing off the walls and Nicka was doing his best to take every pair of shoes off the wall to show Alexander. It was OK- the promised ice cream cone was still holding them in the zone where we were not quite yet a circus ;)
Three stores later and no shoes that Alexander liked, we had the ice cream and all attempt at good behaviour went out the window... Needless to say, that was the point of the day that I called it a day and quit before I totally lost my marbles... :) Thank you to the very patient, sweet young salesman at the first shoe store. I am sure that you must have been very relieved when we left your store, with bags in hand ;)

Later in the afternoon, I took Alexander- and only Alexander- to another shoe store and SUCCESS! We are all done.... :)

Wishing you all a great rest of the day xox




Me

Shopping success!

5 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have the picture thanks to your great description! Motherhood!
      My eldest (16) is buying his sneakers on the Internet since a few years and has also just arranged that for his younger brother (12).
      I do that for the youngest one as well and he is still wearing real, good shoes ;-)

      Delete
    2. I often hesitate to buy shoes off the internet, especially for the boys, because I find that their sizes fluctuate so much depending on the company. With these monkeys, I am thinking that shopping from home might keep me more sane :)

      Delete
  2. Hi hi, I can jyst emagin :-) I wouldn't even have tried to consider it :-D

    ReplyDelete