Tuesday, November 1, 2016

Trick or Treat

Last night ended up being better than I had anticipated. Let me start off by saying that I am not a big Hallowe'en fan. I know.... bah... humbug ;) It is just that 1) my kids always end up running off in all directions, 2) everything gets totally chaotic, 3) it feels like it is a non stop sprint from work to home to dinner to getting costumes on to running around the neighbourhood and 4) they end up with WAY more candy than I know what to do with.... and eating candy for breakfast, lunch and dinner for 4 weeks is out of the question ;)

Yesterday morning, both Nicka and Oliver were costume-less. Let me add that it was NOT because of me... I had taken them to a second hand clothing store (Value Village) and told them that I would help them create a costume. Alexander walked out with a cheeseburger costume and the two younger brothers fought hard to buy a sword and plastic hunting knife (and the latter 2 are definitely NOT costumes!!!). To my surprise, we were able to go through our "old" costume pile and put together something for both Nicka and Oliver and it was- wait for this- relatively argument free... whew!

Since I am not a big Hallowe'en fan, I was not sure if I wanted to dress up or not but, at the last minute and on a total whim, I decided to dress up as one of my favourite people... ANDREAS (see link for my inspirational moment).  I don't think that he was too impressed but I had a fun time ;)

We had a great time trick or treating with the W family (and yes, mother W and I had a glass of wine and answered the door to the candy chasers while all the husbands/boys were out). Even if I am not such a fan, it was still fun... Hope the boys ended up with some of MY favourite chocolates as well ;)

Have a great rest of the day xox


Oliver as a very scary Ninja

Alexander as a very scary cheeseburger

Nicklas as a very scary morph ninja

Me... as Andreas (thanks to Alexander for lending me his clothes... the scarf is Andreas' ;)



4 comments:

  1. Pyha, Halloween er blevet kørt helt vildt op. Medierne talte om fastelavn er ved at glide ud og Halloween vokser her i DK.
    Jeg fik ikke besøg - Var nok den eneste der ikke havde nået at få pyntet med græskar lygter/hoveder udenfor. Ville dog gerne have haft en udedekoration med græskar, lyng etc. Men næste år vil jeg lave en lygte sammen med Otto ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can totally understand why, especially if you didn't grow up with it, that it seems like a strange holiday! I remember my first festelavn in Denmark ;) I was worried that it would be a real cat in the barrel ;) Silly Canadian! ;)

      Delete
  2. Wauw hvor er de kostymer flotte og specielt jeg jeg vild med burgerboy :-D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! Tak! Alexander was really proud of his burger ;)

      Delete