Sunday, January 22, 2017

Jinxing it

Today is January 22 and, honestly, our winter- although we had a few snowstorms- hasn't really begun yet. Don't get me wrong: I am very happy! I also know that this will not last and our February might totally suck..... and March might be worse.... and April might be sad.... So far, asides from a few cold days, we have had temperatures that hover between -5C and 5C. It has been more wet and grey (sounds familiar to my Scandinavian friends?) than cold. We actually have green around our house (!!!???!!!), which keeps my winter blues at bay. The air and light almost feels spring-like (really... not just the wine speaking!). Like I said, I have lived here most of my 46+ years so I am not being naive but, considering that we just missed one month of winter, I will take it!

On another note, I am still trying to figure out where the weekend went to! Bang, all of a sudden, it is Sunday! Enjoy what little is left ;)

xox


The view beside my house :)

4 comments:

  1. I am longing for spring!... And yes, weekends go too fast, it's like it's Monday all the time!...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have to say that I almost look forward to Mondays- after the crazy weekends, I get to relax a bit at work ;)

      Delete
  2. En ny weekend er i gang, og her har der været let frost og solen kigger så smukt ned til os allerede fra morgenstunden.
    Jeg er optimist, også med vejret :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are good! I wish you lots of snowdrop flowers ;)

      Delete