Friday, March 10, 2017

Crap!

Remember how we went skating the other day? It was fun... I skated around with the boys... no falling, no drama. I walked home. I went out to do groceries. I walked around the store. I drove home. I put the groceries away. I worked for a bit. I stayed up to watch our new guilty pleasure show (saving that for another post) and then I went to bed. At around 2am, I woke up to a painful foot. I thought that, maybe, I had a cramp. No problem- I went back to sleep. When I got up in the morning, I could barely walk. Needless to say, I had to drive in and hobble around work. It ended up being so bad that I went to the emergency room at the local hospital last night.

Good news = no broken bones.

Bad news = bad sprain.

Even worse news = I don't even know how I got the sprain.

Even worse news = I don't even have a good story on how I got the sprain. No amazing soccer move. No action filled brush against danger. No dazzling wipe out. No cool sports injury. Nothing. The ER doctor asked me what happened. I had to answer "I have no idea". Sounds super lame. He just nodded. Boring, I bet he thought! Not only did I have NO GOOD REASON TO HAVE A STUPID SPRAIN but- to add salt to the wound- when you cannot walk, the hospital always requires you to report to the room at the absolute END of the hallway... far, far away. No offer of a crutch. No look of empathy for having to do some strange hop down the hallway. Nothing.

Anyway, after a few hours at the hospital, I came home with a prescription for some strong anti-inflammatories and instructions to put my feet up for the next few days. Maybe I need to invent a good sprain story.... any ideas?  ;)

Happy Friday! xox



8 comments:

  1. Wouw... thats rely weird - you dont think that all that skating has something to too with your age (laughing my asss off) No, I'm just joking - but its rely weird and especially that you didn't feel anything befor at night and the following day.
    Sending good and healing wibes your way :-D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The doctor says that he has seen it before- things feel ok until the swelling sets in. I promise that I didn't have wine so it is not that ;) xox

      Delete
  2. Sleepwalking, for quite a distance and you woke up at 2am at Georg Clooney's :-)
    I keep my fingers crossed for a fast and speedy recovery, X
    They say red wine helps with a sprain!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha! You got it. I am sure that Amal wouldn't mind ;) xox

      Delete
  3. You may have been out of twisting the foot you have not noticed
    Wish you a lot of healing and get well soon

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maybe... I got some good drugs from the doctor... they help ;) xox

      Delete
  4. Oh my goodness! What is a sprain anyway? The good news are that you can make up any story about the sprain you want! At least that's what I think!... I hope you get well very soon! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Could it be "forstuvning" in Danish? You are right... I need to think up a good story to go with it ;) Tusind tak xox

      Delete