Saturday, May 6, 2017

Rain, rain

Normally, I don't mind rain at all. In my opinion, I will take it over snow any day ;) The thing is that, lately, there was been a ton of rain and some of the communities around us are flooded. No one remembers having seen the rivers and lakes around Montreal so high before. My Saturday morning soccer games have been cancelled today because the streets that surround where we play are literally rivers. It is pretty serious: people are actually out with rowboats on what is, normally, not meant for rowboats. I heard on the news this morning that the military is being called to help with sandbags and evacuating people from flooded homes. Unfortunately, we are supposed to get even more rain soon. This is one time that I am glad that we do not have waterfront or near waterfront property!

If you are living in one of the affected areas, please stay safe... and, hopefully, dry xox



I took this picture off the internet. It is about a 10 minute drive from where we live :( Stay safe, neigbours!




6 comments:

  1. You dare to my conscience with such a picture / story.
    We must all make a difference. Here I think of climate change, CO2 emissions.
    There is a future and we can do that for that.
    If I make a difference and my neighbor follows suit, we together can make a big difference.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This was the largest flood that our area has ever seen! It is crazy!

      I think that you are right- things are getting scary...

      Delete
  2. Auch!! I hope the rain will stop soon, it sounds crazy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is nuts! Whole parts of neighbourhoods are under water :(

      Delete