Friday, November 10, 2017

Boys' night out

If you are from Montreal, then I am saying the obvious: we are a hockey city. Yes, even my very "soccer" family still watches hockey (you can love to play one sport but still appreciate the others, no?)... When I was in my early 20's and living downtown, one of our favourite pass times was to watch the first period of hockey on TV and then make our way to the Montreal Forum (yes- I just totally dated myself ;) but if you are not familiar with it, here is a link. It has since been replaced by the Bell Centre but is still in the hearts of Montrealers) to buy very cheap tickets off the scalpers to watch the rest of the game live. My apartment was only blocks away from the Forum so it was a perfect plan :)

Like I said, we still watch hockey (admittedly, on my part, not so much when the Canadiens are losing) but the boys in my family have never seen a game live. So, this week, when I was given some awesome tickets by an awesome person, I thought it would be a good way for Andreas to take Alexander out for his first "real" hockey game. Alexander will be turning 13 on Monday so it was perfect timing... kind of a Montreal-version of a right of passage ;)

Anyway, last night, the boys (Andreas and Alexander) went and had a great time. Their seats were so close that you could actually see the game (one of the last games I went to see, we were so far up that I started to get altitude sickness ;) ) and enjoy the atmosphere. A great boys' night out!

Photo credits go to Andreas because I wasn't there ;)

Wishing you all a very happy Friday xox











2 comments:

  1. That's a good night out!
    Have a good weekend XxX

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. In a few years from now, this kind of outing will happen with beer in hand ;) Wishing you a good weekend as well xox

      Delete